2016/2017 Choir Handbook
- Follow the BRHS Online Student Handbook at all choir functions and activities.
- Attend all rehearsals, practices, sectionals, performances, and other choir activities and events. Students are expected to attend both physically and mentally and exhibit a cooperative attitude. We cannot accomplish our goals without a full team effort.
- Be early for all events (including class!). Consider yourself late when you arrive on time. Warm-ups will begin 1 minute prior to the tardy bell. Make the commitment to be here and be ready to work.
- Have music, a pencil and your fully-charged Chromebook at each rehearsal.
- Appropriate rehearsal etiquette will be taught and expected during class. Cell phones will be taken to the office every time.
- You should practice a minimum of 30 minutes a day outside of choir rehearsals. Regular practice by all will lead to a strong choir. This is, of course, a guideline. The quality of your practice time is much more important than the quantity. Choir members should practice to whatever extent is necessary to meet performance expectations. Do not attempt to cram your practicing in at the last minute. It is ineffective and disrespectful to the group.
- Demonstrate proper care for the school's music and concert attire.
- Follow the leadership of the student leaders. Give them your respect and cooperation. They have the success of the choir at heart.
- Inform the Director of any problems, concerns, or suggestions as soon as they arise. The Director is here to help make your choir experience as enjoyable and rewarding as possible.
- Be respectful and courteous to: all other musicians, faculty, administration, and guests; of the authority of the Director, staff, chaperones, and student leaders; and of other choirs that we may have the opportunity to interact with throughout the year.
- You are representing the BRHS Choir, our school, and community at all times. Act appropriately.
- Participate in choir fundraising events, which provide needed funds for activities that benefit all choir members.
- Keep our learning environment clean and orderly. No food or drink is allowed in the Choir Room. Water - the exception - is encouraged. Absolutely no GUM. Always leave the room and your area cleaner than when you entered.
- We have the obligation to provide the best possible performances for our school and community. This means you agree to give up some of your free time on holidays and vacations for the enjoyment and entertainment of others.
- CHECK EMAIL, SCHOOLOGY, AND THIS WEBSITE OFTEN. Sign up for Remind text blasts. You are also encouraged to stay connected on Twitter , Facebook, and/or Instagram. Keep your parents informed of every scheduled choir event and all events that are added during the year. This is very important in order to avoid any conflicts with choir events. Doctor or dentist appointments, family trips, work schedules, or other events should be planned around choir events when possible.